The Sierra Vista Police Department welcomes volunteer applicants for the following positions:
Animal Control Weekend Kennel Worker
Provide support by means of cleaning animal kennels at the Nancy J. Brua Animal Center on weekends.
Sierra Vista Police Department is seeking volunteers who can assist during the weekdays (Monday through Friday) during daylight hours. Patrol volunteers must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and stand for extended amounts of time. Other pre-screening criteria will be discussed at the time of inquiry. The volunteers perform duties a police officer can do but don't involve an official police report or immediate danger, such as:
- Responding to disabled vehicles, traffic hazards, motorist assists, and written warning for handicap parking violations
- Vacation house checks and home safety inspections
- Bike registrations
- Crowd control at events such as large fires and/or critical police incidents
- Private property car accidents
- Graffiti calls for service
- Found property
- MedReturn Box maintenance
- Public fingerprinting
- Barking dog calls
- Snake removal
- Distribution of paperwork to certain law enforcement agencies or court related buildings in Sierra Vista, Bisbee, or other locations as needed.
Records Bureau Volunteer
Provide support during regular business hours (Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm) to the Records Bureau staff by performing a variety of general clerical duties including typing and filing a variety of documents, and assist in data input and retrieval. This position requires the ability to operate a variety of office equipment, understand and carry out oral and written instructions, and communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
Performs non-criminal fingerprinting functions in support of the department which provides fingerprint service to the public between 11:30 am – 12:30 pm Monday through Friday. Volunteers will be trained to take fingerprints using standard accepted FBI techniques. Qualified volunteers must be able to work closely with the public, and must be able to ensure accuracy and completeness of information on the fingerprint cards.