Red Cross Lifeguard Training and Certification classes are held throughout the year. Earn your certification in as few as 3-4 hours and holding current certifications are no longer a pre-requisite for employment as a lifeguard at The Cove.
Interested? Apply online, interview and pre-test. When you pass the pre-test, you will be scheduled for a Certification course. Certifications you will earn include Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED/Administering Emergency Oxygen, and Waterpark skills.
To learn more, email TheCove@nullSierraVistaAZ.gov or call (520) 417-4800. Successful candidates who are hired by The Cove and completes the Red Cross Lifeguard course will have the course fee paid for them in exchange for a 12-month employment commitment. See current openings.
- 16 years of age or older.
- Active part-time lifeguard application with the City of Sierra Vista.
- Must successfully pass a swim pretest to register for the lifeguard class. In order to pass the swim test, applicants must be able to:
- Swim 300 yards of front crawl or breast stroke in correct form with endurance;
- Swim to and retrieve a 10-pound weight from a depth of 8 feet of water, then return to the starting point on your back with the weight in 1 minute, 40 seconds;
- Tread water for 2 minutes without using your arms.