The Cove will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 8, for lap swim on a by-reservation basis.
No-touch temperature checks will be administered to all patrons before entering facility, per state and federal guidelines. Anyone with a temperature of 99.9 or above will be denied entry.
- Before entering the facility, a guard will perform a no-touch temperature check of every patron.
- Locker rooms and showers will be closed. All swimmers must arrive in suits ready to swim. Restrooms will be available.
- Totes will be provided for each patron and will be designated by lane number. The totes will be located by the slides for lap swim patrons to store belongings during lap swim periods.
- Equipment such as kick boards and dumbbells will be available for use and will be regularly sanitized. It is recommended that bring your own equipment as you deem fit for your requirements.
- The only items allowed on the bulkhead will be water bottles, personal equipment and a towel and swim equipment such as kickboard or water dumbbells.
- For your safety, masks and other PPE (gloves, etc.) will not be permitted to be worn in the water.
- Totes will be provided for each patron taking swim lessons and will be located in the observation area for patrons to store belongings in during swim lessons.
- At this time Water workouts, Splash Time, Open Swim, City Swim Team and Facility Rentals are all suspended. This will be re-evaluated as additional guidelines are released and implemented.
- Restrooms are only available to Cove patrons with reservations due to COVID-19 precautions.
Lap swim is available on a first-come, first-served basis on a lane reservation system. One swimmer will be assigned to a single lane.
Lane Reservation Process:
- Call (520) 417-4800 to make your lap swim lane reservation.
- Payment must be made at the time of reservation to secure your slot. Credit or debit cards only; no cash or checks are accepted at this time.
- Time slots will be for 1 hour in duration with 45 minutes in the water, 15 minutes for entry/exit from the facility (5 minutes to enter, 10 minutes to exit). No exceptions.
- Guards will notify patrons with a 5-minute warning to signify the end of their in-water session. All patrons must exit the pool and exit the facility from the two doors by the snack shack.
- Lane numbers (1, 2, 3 etc.) will be assigned to patrons and signage will be on the bulkhead reminding patrons which lane they are assigned to.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Reservations cannot be made more than 2 weeks in advance.
- Everyone is limited to one lane reservation per day.
Lap Swim Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday
6:15 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
We look forward to a full opening and scheduling fun events! We appreciate your patience while we take a slow approach to ensure a healthy and sanitized facility.
About The Cove. At a pleasant 85-86 degrees, Sierra Vista's indoor aquatic facility, The Cove, features a zero-depth beach style entry at one end, two enclosed tube slides, a warm water pool with jets, sunning decks, shallow water kids’ lagoon with a water slide, snack bar, diving pool, and eight 25-yard lap lanes for competitions or exercise. This 36,500-square-foot facility includes locker rooms for men, women, and families.