New recruits start earning a salary of $51,937 ($24.97/hr) while training at the Police Academy. After graduating from the Academy and successful completion of Field Training, your salary will increase to $54,142 per year ($26.03 per hour). Certified officers with law enforcement experience can transfer to SVPD at higher pay levels. Learn more about the SVPD pay structure.
To start, you’ll receive:
- 12 paid vacation days per year–with increases after 3 years!
- 12 paid sick leave days per year
- 12 paid holidays plus 1 floating holiday per year
- Overtime opportunities
- Incentive pay opportunities
- 100% paid employee health / life / dental insurance
- Participation in the Arizona Public Safety Retirement System
- 25-year retirement eligibility
- Deferred compensation plans available
- Health club /fitness program
- Overtime/compensation leave
- Take-home vehicle if you live within 12 miles of the City limits
- Uniform allowance and ballistic vest and weapons issued
- Tuition assistance for higher education