A request for Rezoning, also called a Development Code Map Amendment, is an amendment to the Official Zoning Map. The burden of proof is upon the proponent of the proposed change, which must be consistent with the General Plan.

New businesses, existing businesses undergoing tenant improvements, or a relocating businesses must complete a Zoning Compliance Form to demonstrate that the business is located in an area that permits that type of business.