The Sierra Vista City Council unanimously approved the fiscal year 2020-21 tentative budget at its regular meeting on Thursday, capping the City’s budget for next fiscal year, which starts July 1, at $86,748,629.
Changes within that cap may still be made until the City Council votes on the final budget adoption at its July 23 City Council meeting. The tentative budget was adopted following several weeks of budget work sessions and individual meetings with City Council members.
In other business the City Council unanimously approved:
- An intergovernmental agreement with Cochise County for Election Supplies and Services for the General Election on Nov. 3, 2020. City elections have been conducted by the Cochise County Elections Department and Cochise County Recorder’s Office for many years. This partnership saves the City significant expenses associated with staging its own election. The City has budgeted $26,000 for the 2020 election.
- Amendments to the City Board and Commission Guidelines.
- The final plat of Holiday at Pueblo Del Sol Phase 5A subdivision, which consists of 29 lots for single family homes.
- An amendment to the City’s intergovernmental agreement with the Arizona Department of Transportation for Fry Boulevard Improvement Project, which will construct streetscape improvements along Fry Boulevard and North Garden Avenue in the West End. The amendment increases the funding the City will receive from $2.95 million to $3.13 million and adjusts the schedule to account for a six month delay due to COVID-19.
- An amendment to the development agreement with Castle & Cooke for the Avenida del Sol Interceptor.
- An amendment to the intergovernmental agreement between the City of Sierra Vista and Sierra Vista Metropolitan Planning Organization, which was first approved by the SVMPO Board on May 21.
Details on these council items are available in the supporting documents for the Thursday, June 25, City Council meeting. They can be accessed via the City’s document server at docserve.sierravistaaz.gov/.
City Council meetings can be streamed live and past meetings can be viewed on Youtube. The meetings are also aired on Cox Channel 12. Learn more at www.sierravistaaz.gov/your-government/mayor-council/council-meetings/.