Public Comment Items

The City currently has the following items open for public comments. Use the form below to submit your comments.

West End Redevelopment. Public hearings on the proposed West End Redevelopment Plan will be held before the Planning & Zoning Commission on Tuesday, March 6, 2018 and before the Sierra Vista City Council on March 22, 2018.  Both meetings will be held at 5:00 p.m. in City Council Chambers, 1011 N. Coronado Drive, Sierra Vista. Find documents here. For more information, contact Matt McLachlan, Community Development Director, via email or phone (520) 417-4413.

Refuse and Recycling Rates. The Sierra Vista City Council is considering an increase in residential customer refuse fees to offset, in part, the increased expenses due primarily to increased tipping fees for trash and recycling at the Cochise County Transfer Station facility. Staff recommends a 15% fee increase for residential refuse service. The proposed increase is expected to cover approximately 50% of the losses to the fund in the past year. The balance will be paid from reserve funds in the Refuse Enterprise Fund. Find more information here.

CDBG 2018 Draft Annual Action Plan.  In accordance with federal regulations governing the use of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, public input will be solicited for 30 days, beginning on May 25, 2018, to comment on the proposed CDBG Annual Action Plan.  The CDBG Annual Action Plan identifies how the City plans to use the federal money during the next fiscal year to meet the goals and objectives that were approved by the City Council in the Five-Year Consolidated Action Plan 2015-2019.

Based on an appropriated grant amount of $260,652, the following projects and activities are proposed for use of CDBG funds for FY July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019: 

  • Public Facilities and Infrastructure:  $178,522
  • Public Services:  $30,000
  • Program Administration:  $52,130

It is estimated that 100% of funding will serve low to moderate income residents. Read the complete notice.

Use the form below to submit your comments electronically.