Many of today’s most successful websites are powered by WordPress. This workshop will cover everything you need to know to successfully run a WordPress website with an emphasis on hands-on experience and non-technical jargon.
· What is WordPress and what are its advantages?
· WordPress site setup
· Editing WordPress pages and posts
· Common content editing mistakes
· How to optimize your WordPress site for search engines
· What are plugins and how to install and update them
· How to use widgets in WordPress
· Adding photos, videos, and galleries
We will have time to look at and discuss your individual examples and problems. So bring your laptop and be ready to get some hands on time with WordPress and our expert!
About the Instructor:
Andy Ward is the owner of iLab New Media, a Sierra Vista based web design studio. He has been helping businesses make a success of the internet since 2000, and has been working with WordPress since 2007. Andy has taught tech workshops at the Cochise College Center for Lifelong Learning and Cochise County Small Business Development Center among other venues.