- This event has passed.
Ranger-led Coronado Cave Tours
March 14, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00am on Wednesday and Saturday, repeating until April 28, 2018
Join a ranger for a free guided hike and tour of Coronado Cave. Exposed in the beam of a flashlight, cave formations such as stalactites, stalagmites, flowstones, and columns will emerge from the darkness of the cave. Come learn about the geology and secret history of this large, limestone cavern with a park ranger.
- Bring a flashlight or headlamp, gloves, water, and sun protection
- Wear sturdy shoes and layered clothes
- Ranger-led hikes begin at the Coronado Cave trailhead (.25 mile past the visitor center) and last for approximately two hours
- Reguires a one mile, moderate, round trip hike to the cave entrance (500 ft evelation gain)
- Access to cave required scrambling 40 ft down a steep, rocky slope to the cave floor
- Tours are free; large groups (10+) should call the park to arrange a group tour
NOTE: first Wednesday tour is January 24
For more information, or to schedule a group tour, contact park staff at: (520) 366-5515 ext 2310, or visit our website.