Sierra Vista, a proactive leader is recycling, has lead the state in recycling programs, including composting, Christmas tree recycling, waste disposal events, and more. By partnering with the City—and making a small effort in your home or business—you can help reduce the amount of trash sent to the landfill, lower service costs, and decrease the impact on our landfills.
Download forms and save time at City Hall!
• Residential Trash/Sewer New Services Application
• Residential Trash Service Change Form. Click to download a PDF or complete the form online.
• Residential Trash/Recycling Calendar
• Fort Huachuca Trash/Recycling Calendar
If your trash is picked up on Tuesday, your recycling will be picked up on Friday.
This schedule may change during the holidays.
Not sure which day your materials are picked up? Check out the interactive refuse service map here.
Here’s a quick overview of what materials can be placed in your blue bin:
- Plastic bottles and jugs with the numbers 1 and 2 on them. Examples include soda and water bottles, liquid laundry detergent jugs, and milk jugs.
- Paperboard and cardboard, like cereal and cracker boxes, bath tissue tubes, and shipping containers. Please break down all boxes.
- Paper, including phone books, catalogs, magazines, office paper and newspaper.
- Aluminum and steel (“tin”) cans, like soda cans and soup cans.
Please do not place green (yard) waste, glass, Styrofoam, or plastic bags in the blue bin.
Drop off empty, clean, clear and colored glass jars and bottles at the glass depot. Don’t worry about taking off the labels, but please remove lids and corks.
Please do not drop off ceramics, windshields, cookware, light bulbs, window glass, fish tanks, mirrors and dishes, including drinking glasses.
Yard waste is picked up on Wednesdays, and requests must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Monday for a Wednesday pickup of the same week. (Green waste is not picked up during weeks with a federal holiday.) All yard waste must be bagged, boxed, bundled or put in your own reusable plastic container(s). Bundled items must not exceed five feet in length.
Click here to schedule a green waste pickup, or call (520) 458-7530.
Pour liquid animal fats, excess cooking oil, and cooking grease into a clean, dry container with a secure lid. Filter out any bits of debris from the grease by pouring it through a coffee filter or paper towel. After collecting your cooking fats, oils, and grease, secure the lid and take it to the City’s Compost Facility (7201 E. Highway 90 at mile post 324), Monday-Saturday, 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
The first step in adding recycling to your business sanitation service is to arrange for a site visit. The visit won’t impact your business operations and takes only about 30 minutes. During the visit, a City representative will help identify the quantity and type of recyclable waste generated, determine where the recycling Dumpster can be placed, and learn about your expectations.
The City wants your recycling program to be successful, so we offer employee education, posters, and on-site training if needed.