The purpose of the City’s Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE) Program is to provide any business within the market area of the City of Sierra Vista with the opportunity to register and certify as a DBE and/or SBC with ADOT for upcoming business opportunities funded by the U.S. Department of Transportation. There are only 3 agencies in the State of Arizona that are recognized by and operates the Federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program (DBE): ADOT, the City of Phoenix and the City of Tucson.
The City of Sierra Vista will be applying for grant funds through the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) for engineering, planning, design, environmental assessment, construction, and other engineering services for the City Municipal Airport for the three (3) year period of 2019 through 2021.
- 2019: Environment Assessment for Taxiway J, A & B extension, Ph.4-Twy J Extension – $400,000 .
- 2020: Design for approx.7,000 ft. x75 ft wide, Twy J extension, 2000 lf of adjoining Twy A & B Ph.4 and 5. $450,000
- 2020: EA of Rwy 12-30 and Txwy K extension project,$200,000
- 2021: Construction of approx. 4,500 ft x 75 ft Twy J extension, Ph.4 and adjoining 1,000 lf of Twy B extension. $2,250,000
- 2021: Design Rwy 12-30 & Twy K extension project. Extend Rwy 12-30 & Twy K 1,234 ft x 75 ft NW and constr. $200,000
We are reaching out to any businesses who might be interested in this type of work and who may be eligible to participate as a DBE or SBC firm but are not currently certified as a DBE or SBC with either ADOT, the City of Phoenix or the City of Tucson. We strongly encourage you to go to the ADOT website, then click on “Small and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program” and follow the steps to qualify for certification. This is a great opportunity to be eligible to participate as a DBE or SBC firm for any USDOT federally fund or ADOT funded projects throughout Arizona.
If you have any additional questions about the City’s DBE program, please contact the DBE Liaison, Helen Lee at (520) 439-2207.